I can't see anything else but a home win for this one. Celtic have a terrible away form in Europe and I really can't see them getting any kind of a result at Old Trafford tonight. Celtic have a bit of an injury crisis with Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Georgios Samaras and Chris Killen out. Man Utd are looking to rest star player Ronaldo tonight, Michael Carrick, Patrice Evra and Owen Hargreaves are missing.
Nani might be handed a start tonight, replacing Ronaldo. Scott McDonald is the only fit out-and-out first-team striker available to Strachan and at Ladbrokes is 9/2 to score at any time. Rooney who is likely to start is 4/5 to score at anytime, strikers Berbatov and Teves are both evens to score at anytime.
Bettingzone.co.uk Tips
"If Celtic, as expected, pack their defence and look to hit on the break it could take United a while to break them down so a small punt on draw/Man Utd in the half-time/full-time market could pay"
Its not a bad bet, and is 7/2 at ladbrokes.
Selectabet.net Tips
"I can see United netting a ‘few’ whilst keeping a clean sheet at the other end. To win to nil it’s 5/6 on United at Paddy Power and that’s my big bet for the night."
My Tips
I think that tonight there will be plenty of goals, with Manchester United starting with 3 strikers. Last season in the Champions League Man Utd scored alot of goals but even if Ronaldo is not starting I think that this game will have over 2.5 goals. One worrying point is that Celtic will be starting the game with only one striker and might get every one behind the ball, but I think when the first goal goes in for United there will be plenty more to follow.
Over 2.5 goals at 1.7
1 comment:
Thanks for the mention mate.
As a Celtic fan it was tough to write that preview but when it comes to betting you have to let your head rule your heart ;)
Good luck with your tips for tonight.
All the best, sb
Post a Comment