Northern Ireland 0-0 Czech Republic (Home)
Maybe I was a little too optimistic when I said a Northern Ireland win but a draw was a very good result. I believed they could have got the win but it just wasn't to be. Looking back I still think it wasn't a bad shout and was worth the go.
Russia v Wales (Home)
Wales played better than I expected, and with Gareth Bale missing a penalty it could have been a different story. Still Russia scraped through with a win thanks to a late winner. Good call in the end up.
Iceland 1-2 Scotland (Away)
Scotland played well but it was a bit hairy near the end with Captain McManus sent off in the 76min and then Eidur Gudjohnsen scoring from the spot to make it 2-1. Some dodgy defending from the Scots but they still pulled through. Might stay clear off Scotland after tonight tho.
Croatia 1-4 England (Away)
I was chancing my arm when I said an England win, no one would have guested that they would have won so comfortably. In the end a good shout and England shut the press up for another while.
Tip of the Day
David Healy didn't get the goal I wanted, I didn't expect a 0-0 draw to be honest but that just goes to show you never know what will happen. Still think it was worth a wee punt.
Other Tips
I had the Czechs to win with 3 or more goals for anyone that didn't have confidence in Northern Ireland. I was really surprised that this ended 0-0. With the Czech Republics lack of clean sheets I would have expected goals. Just wasn't to be.
I also had Marek Jankulovski to score at any time at Windsor and Mladen Petric for first goal scorer against England, these didn't pay off for me. Looking back maybe not two of the greatest bets
Just the three went my way tonight, hopefully I'll learn from my mistakes and make some wiser bets in the future. Looking on the good side a good call on England and Scotland.
Wednesday, 10 September 2008
Recap on tips
Labels:
bets,
betting,
betting tips,
blog,
bookmakers,
england,
Northern Ireland,
qualification,
Scotland,
wales,
world cup
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment